Weight Loss For Summer
Nutrition, Weight Loss Tips • May 28, 2019
Are you looking for a Beach Body? Healthy Body? Or ideally BOTH? Don’t wait for New Years to make your weight loss goals, the time is now.
Here are some simple things you can do to start dropping weight:
- Don’t skip breakfast – breakfast jump-starts your metabolism for the day
- Eat protein at every meal
- Add in fiber to your diet for fullness
- Add a glass of water to every meal to encourage eating smaller portions
- Keep hydrated: carry a water bottle wherever you go
- Limit foods that can slow your metabolism and can turn right into fat: sugar, white flour, white potatoes, white rice, and fried foods
- Skip dessert, have a bowl of berries instead
- Take a walk after dinner and keep active in the nice weather
- Limit alcohol; drink low-calorie drinks like gin and club instead of sugary drinks
Envision how you want to look and feel and make health a priority. There is nothing more important than our health.
If you have already been working on self-directed weight loss and are not seeing the results you want, work with a doctor who can address barriers to weight loss and give you a medical approach to weight loss for quick weight loss results that stick. Find a doctor board-certified in Obesity Medicine (you do not have to be obese, just overweight or in need of weight loss support) and work with them! It is easier to lose weight with a trained physician on your team.